Thursday 21 January 2016

Gerard Cosmetics Hydra Matte Liquid Lipstick Review

For the life of me I can not remember how I heard about the Gerard Cosmetics liquid lipsticks, but now I'm in love and I want more.

 My new obsession is lipsticks, so I knew £10 was a small price to pay for my first one. I scouted the colour I wanted through YouTube videos and blogs, deciding on Serenity. Then put my order through on Beautybay.com (this website had loads of really cool brands, including Anastasia Beverly Hills..so I will definitely be using it again).

Serenity

When it arrived I straight away loved the frosting on the tube and gold lipstick wand; nice packaging to display on your dressing table.

The colour is just perfect for what I wanted. Serenity is a deep pink/purple nude colour which can be worn in a day-to-day casual look. In just one layer, it really takes your lips from drab to fab. It's not scarily bright so anyone would suit and love this colour.

Serenity worn in casual day look

The formula of the lipstick applies to your lips similar to a lip gloss, so it is very easy to apply. Then it dries as a matte lipstick. I love the fact it is matte as I sometimes think shiny lips take away from any eye make-up you have on. It can feel dry throughout the day, however, it does not crack your lips. A bit of Vaseline over the top, for anyone who hates dry lips, could solve this issue.

The first time I wore the lipstick I applied it at 10am, ate lunch, went to town and it was still on my lips at 6pm. This is more than I could say for any other lipstick I have worn.



I plan on buying more colours at some point. Any colour suggestions? I'm worried the other colours may be too out there for me (basically I'm a big wuss).

But readers...go and buy Serenity, you won't regret it.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment