Tuesday 9 February 2016

MAC Make-Up Haul January 2016 & Review

At the end of January I decided that I deserved a mini MAC haul for enduring a horrible exam period. So as I headed home for a 5 day break in Essex, I stopped off at MAC at St Pancras Station in London.

 I went in with a list of what I wanted apart from the exact shade of lipstick, however a sales assistant was more than willing to help.

Here is what I ended up with:


- MAC Prep & Prime Fix+

This product smells like watermelon which is an absolute treat to spray on your face everyday, thank you MAC gods. I asked the sales assistant how this product should be used, and she told me to spray before make-up application as a primer/skin illuminator but also after make-up to create a dewy look and eliminate a cakey-looking base. It really is a dream come true as I am obsessed at the moment with creating a bright and dewy make-up look. This bottle is going to last me ages, but I can guarantee I will be repurchasing. 

- MAC Mineralize Powder in Lightscapade

I can't even handle the beauty of this product, a beautiful pale pink highlighter with blue veining throughout. I did my research before I visited MAC and read that this was perfect for pale skin; I can confirm this. This further creates the bright and dewy look I am aiming for in this cold winter season. I just sweep it across my cheekbones, under my eyebrow arch and down my nose using my real techniques contour brush.

Fix + and Lightscapade working their magic

- MAC Prep & Prime Lip Primer
I've mentioned my dry and cracked lips a billion times now. I asked the MAC sales assistant and she agreed, YES, this product would be perfect for me. Not only does it smooth your lips, but it also creates a moist and tacky surface for your lipstick to stick to. So far I am impressed with this product, however my lipstick still comes off relatively easy when I eat/drink. I am yet to try it out when I want my lipstick to last for a long time, such as a night out. I also want to try it with a few of my non-MAC liquid lipsticks.

- MAC Satin Lipstick in the shade Faux
All I can say is, thank you MAC sales assistant. I was all about the matte MAC lipsticks before discussing what formula of lipstick would best suit my lips. She told me satin lipsticks aren't ridiculously shiny, so get a similar effect to the matte shades but don't dry out the lips as much. She swatched a lot of different nude shades on her hand, before I finally decided on Faux. Its a perfect everyday nude, which is a little bit lighter than the natural colour of my lips and has a slight sheen. It looks best when I overdraw my lipliner slightly and use a darker pencil.


Before lip primer and Faux

Faux adding a magical girly colour to my look

Oh happy days.

Hope you all enjoyed my haul, hopefully I'll be visiting again very soon. Let me know if you want me to do any other make-up product reviews.

XOXO

3 comments:

  1. Faux looks stunning on you! I debated picking it up the other day but was distracted by Velvet Teddy, I'll definitely have another look at it the next time I'm in MAC (which will probably be pretty soon knowing me haha)! x

    Zoe x
    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/styling-chapters-13652133

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Zoe :) I need to buy velvet teddy soon...I was trying to be different with Faux but I can't deny how much I want velvet teddy haha! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous! I've only ever had one Mac product :/ I need to buy some more. Loved your post
    http://itsmeganrose.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete